NEW DELHI, Oct 8: The Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday launched a public movement and appealed everyone to unite in the fight against corona.
Issuing an appeal for unity against Corona, Modi in a tweet, reiterated the key message of “wear a mask, wash hands, follow social distancing and practice do gaj ki doori.” The Prime Minister said “together we will succeed and win against the Covid-19.”
The campaign is being launched with the aim to encourage People’s Participation. Under the campaign, a COVID-19 Pledge will be taken by all. A Concerted Action Plan will be implemented by Central Government Ministries/ Departments and State Governments/ Union Territories with the following highlights:
- Region- specific targeted communication in high case-load districts.
- Simple and easily understandable messages to reach every citizen
- Dissemination throughout the country using all media platforms
- Banners and Posters at public places; involving Frontline workers and Targeting Beneficiaries of Government Schemes
- Hoardings/ wall paintings/ electronic display boards in government premises
- Involvement of Local and National influencers to drive home the message
- Running mobile vans for regular awareness generation
- Audio messages; pamphlets/ brochures on awareness
- Seeking support of Local Cable Operators for running COVID messages
- Coordinated media campaign across platforms for effective outreach and impact.